Patriot Games

Monday 17 September 2012

Common Misconceptions

The turn out for FNM Relax continues to be strong and the support for the blog has been brilliant  - we are fast approaching 2,000 page views since we started in July.  I am still trying new things with the blog and fitting it in around the rest of my life which is not always easy.  Following suggestions from a couple of people I have decided to make the Monday blog my deck list for Friday the same week so today we look at something different in pauper.  I will also do a blog on a Friday which will look at various aspects of the game similar to those I have already been doing. Time constraints have meant that I will have to keep this relatively brief.

What do you mean I'm not in the sequel?

This pauper deck is inspired by Owen Debenham after a discussion we had about pauper and it being all about mono aggro.  You see to me that's a challenge.  I have to admit that I have already failed the challenge slightly, I wanted to go UW control but found I needed to go for Esper (UWB) control instead.



2 Orzhov Bassilica
2 Dimir Aqueduct
2 Azorius Chancery
7 Island
6 Plain
4 Rupture Spire
23 Land

4 Thraben Sentry
4 Squadron Hawk
3 Archaeomancer
1 Ulamog's Crusher
12 Creatures

4 Mana Leak
4 Spell Pierce
4 Doom Blade
4 Oblivion Ring
2 Azorius Signet
2 Into the Roil
2 Think Twice
3 Forbidden Alchemy

Sideboard

4 Divine Offering
3 Erase
2 Negate
4 Vapour Snag
2 Into the Roil

I have put all of the artifact hate in the sideboard, but I should have enough counters main deck to slow down affinity if I have too game 1 and then have many answers game 2.  The forbidden alchemy will allow me to go digging for answers when I really need them and the mana base is truly shocking!

Not my first choice for mana fixing...

If things go according to plan then I should be fine but there are an awful lot of ifs there...

I will be back on Friday with a blog looking at the immensely popular casual format of EDH/Commander.  Hope to see you there...




No comments:

Post a Comment